The February meeting was our annual tool auction. Auctioneer Denny did his usual outstanding job.
We then had time for Paul Anderson to present a slide show of his miniature rooms and the model tug boat he made. The detail was incredible! He even showed a video of the boat running with a camera inside so it looked like you were riding along. Lots of fun.
- We have enough people for at least one person man the booth at the state fair in each time slot
- A survey sheet for how to change the 2×4 contest showed that most members wanted to continue with the old rules, rather than change the wood species or quantity.
- We are signing up people for our booth at the Woodworkers Show (Tool Show), March 21 -23 Please help, it’s fun
- There will be a turners meet at Denny’s shop on Monday Feb 17th, 7pm.
- Next shop Meet will be at Mike Swart’s shop Monday Feb 24th, 7pm
- Spring picnic will be at the Rothenbach park (same location as last year) on Sunday April 29th, 2×4 contest same time.
- March meeting speaker will be Johnie Newcomb from the Gulf Coast Carvers Guild.
Show & Tell
I brought in a small saw horse made with compound angle legs.